What is this course?
This course is the second stage to the introduction to project planning module and focuses primarily on a specific element of project planning i.e. cost and resource loading within a project environment. Looking at the importance of utilising the correct resources and when and when not to use them
Who is this course aimed at?
- Project controls staff who are fairly new to the role and want to understand resource utilisation within projects in a better way
- Project Engineers/Project Managers who want to have an overview of how to deal with resources on the projects
- Project controls staff who want to brush up on their resource utilisation/management skills
- The importance of utilising the correct resources on a project.
- Loading the resources/expenses etc into the Project.
- Analysing the differing outputs in terms of resource management.
- Working with the project team to look at peaks and troughs and manage the project resources effectively.
- Understanding Critical paths and the effective use of resources to help the project.
- Understanding how to resource level, using the plan.
- The correct way to create a role dictionary.
- The fundamental difference between roles and resources.
- Inputting roles and resources onto activities.
- Outputs of roles and resources.
- Utilising histograms, reports to understand the impact of resource management on the project.
- Levelling project resources.
- How does levelling resources affect the critical path?
- Advising the Project team on the best way to handle over/under allocation on the project.